New AI cancer site seeks businesses and charities to register
Cancer Central's aim is a relatively simple one - they want to provide everyone affected by cancer with a central source of information where results are guided by an individual’s specific need. www.cancercentral.org.uk
Ask AVE, Cancer Central’s digital employee powered by IBM Watson Artificial Intelligence, uses conversational search to look for organisations who provide benefits advice, insurance products, counselling, complementary therapy, respite care, hats, wigs, lingerie, skincare, financial help, nutrition advice, local societies or communities, meals on wheels, books, blogs, forums, local hospital taxi services and so on – all based on your geographical location and cancer type.
Cancer Central is now seeking help to find organisations to register for free so that they can be found easily in time of need - https://www.cancercentral.org.uk/initRegisterProvider.jsf
"The challenge now is finding all those incredible businesses and charities who support those affected by cancer and asking them to register with us for free. A single view across the UK does not exist, we all have a piece of the jigsaw and we need your help to find everyone - #HelpisHere" Avril, Founder & CEO Cancer Central
The creation of Cancer Central is a story about community. Over 10,000 hours have been donated by 100+ individuals and 20+ organisations with major contributions from TechFINIUM and ROQ. Subject matter experts have contributed to everything from the ideas, suggestions, design, processes, build, testing, policies, data and so on. This way of working is described by Cancer Central as Cominovation (Community + Innovation). #HelpisHere
Why do we need Cancer Central?
• There are many businesses, charities and communities delivering great service, support and products for those affected by cancer. The challenge is that they are difficult to find in times of need.
• It can be frustrating to find the help required because people do not know what is available, or which words / phrase to search for.
• It is also hard to know if information found is accurate and up to date. This is all during a time of great challenge and trying to understand jargon used by medical professionals.
• The site launched in 2 phases - September & October 2018, with support from Expedia’s Day of Caring
• To follow and support the daily journey @CancerCentralUK on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
• Cancer Central is a Community Interest Company, registered in England No. 10733608
• Founder & CEO Avril Chester is a senior technology executive who was treated for breast cancer in 2015/16, she is author of ‘Be with me, it’s c’
• A survey question has been launched in partnership with Givey.com to ask the public to help continue to train AVE to understand all the variation of cancer questions we have
For any further information please feel free to contact email@example.com