Chartered Banker Institute welcomes new Board members
19 November 2020
Today, following a Special General Meeting (SGM) of the Chartered Banker Institute, we are pleased to announce the election of four new Trustees to our Board of Trustees for the period December 2020 to June 2023:
• Ian Henderson (Member) – NED- Metro Bank
• William MacLeod (Member) – Director, Scotland – Allied Irish Bank
• Anders Bouvin (Independent) – Former President and Group CEO, Handelsbanken
• Sue Primmer (Independent) – Chief Marketing Officer, Sionic
Bill McCall, FCBI, Chair of the Chartered Banker Institute commented:
“On behalf of the Board, I am delighted to welcome our four new Trustees who I am sure will bring great expertise and experience to our Board. Our Board of Trustees comprising both Fellows and members of the Institute, and independent Trustees, play a key role alongside our Membership Forum to ensure the direction and activities of the Institute continue to be a beacon for responsible banking in the UK and around the world.
I would also like to pay tribute on behalf of all Fellows and Members of the Institute, to Lynne Burns, who stood down as Vice-President in September and special thanks to Susan Younger, Hugh McKay and Brian McCrindle, who agreed to stay on beyond their term of office, due to the Covid-19 lockdown restrictions, and help shepherd and steer the Institute through the course of this year.”
Notes to Editors:
1. As a result of Covid-19 the 2020 Board of Trustees recruitment process was paused in March 2020 due to the Covid-19 lockdown restrictions. To assist the Institute during this period, our three initial outgoing Board members agreed to remain on the Board and Committees until the new Trustees were elected.
2. Trustees stepping down in 2020 are:
• Lynne Burns (Vice President)
• Susan Younger (Founding Chair of the Quality and Standards Committee)
• Hugh McKay (Chair of the Nominations Committee)
• Brian McCrindle (Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee)
3. Biographies of new Trustees
Ian Henderson (Member) – NED – Metro Bank
Ian is currently a Non-Executive Director at Metro Bank and Chief Executive Officer of Kyckr. He joined Kyckr after a thirty-year career in retail & business banking and wealth management.
William MacLeod (Member) – Director, Scotland – Allied Irish Bank
Billy (William) joined AIB (GB) in 2016 as their Regional Director for Scotland and north England. Prior to joining AIB, Billy was Clydesdale Bank’s Head of Business Development for the East of Scotland.
Anders Bouvin (Independent) – Former President and Group CEO, Handelsbanken
Having worked at Handelsbanken for almost 35 years, of which 10 years in the UK as CEO, Anders was Handelsbanken Group CEO between 2016 and 2019.
Sue Primmer (Independent) – Chief Marketing Officer, Sionic
Sue has spent her career in senior marketing and corporate communications positions in both public and private sectors, specialising in financial services since 2010.
For further information contact:
Matthew Ball, Head of Public Affairs, Policy & Communications
Chartered Banker Institute
Tel: +44 (0) 7720684226