5 tips to Winter-proof your hair this Winter
Many people say that their hair is their best accessory but many people struggle with unruly, damaged hair in the winter. With the weather taking a turn well into Autumn this week and the prospect of split ends or fly-away strands looming, you might think the best thing to do is to just shove on a hat or tie it up. But we’ve got some advice to help your hair battle through the inclement weather we’re so famous for in Blighty.
Boys or girls, beards or barnets, the struggle is real when it comes to your hair over the winter months. However, by doing a little research and tweaking your haircare regime, you’ll be thanking yourself for the months to come. You can banish those split ends, dry scalps and fussy follicles.
Katie Ware, Lead Stylist from Just Cuts, says: “Working in a salon, I see many different challenges for clients. I grew up in Australia with much milder winters than here, in fact it can be difficult to actually predict how best to protect your hair when we have to contend with dramatically different temperatures, wind, rain and snow in the UK - sometimes all in one day! There’s no strict formula to abide by but you can certainly prepare to avoid any mishaps with your mane.”
Here are Katie’s top tips for fabulous hair this winter:
1. Keep shampooing your hair to a minimum. It’s okay to let your hair get dirty! Shampooing your hair too much can strip it of healthy oils and leave it drier than before – meaning you’ll have more static, flyaways and breakages. You should be aiming for two to four times a week maximum.
2. Use dry shampoo. This will help to cleanse your hair in between shampoos, take out any excess oils and transform it from looking dull and lifeless. Massage it into the scalp with your fingertips, wait a few minutes and then brush through the entire length of hair. Male or female, this is a great way to combat any unnecessary hair oils.
3. Choose your conditioner wisely. It’s important you invest in a really rich, thick and moisturising conditioner! Do your research and find one that contains fatty acids and humectants, such as soy protein and panthenol. These ingredients help attract and retain moisture in your hair – leaving it looking and feeling healthier, making it less prone to breakages.
4. Use a hydrating hair mask. Once a week, you should be applying a mask to your hair. It’s important to restore those natural oils that are often stripped away in the harsh weather. The Treatment Mask from JUSTICE Professional, Just Cuts’ exclusive product range, penetrates the cuticle and adds protein to the inner structure of your hair to increase elasticity, shine and strength.
5. Use Argan oil. This is a no brainer! It contains a high level of Vitamin E that is crucial for your hair and beards in the colder months. It stimulates hair growth whilst promoting healthy, strong hair that you’ll be thanking your lucky stars for when the season passes. It also adds instant moisture with every day use.
“For the best results from your hair mask, shampoo your hair as normal and then leave the mask on for an hour while you relax with a cuppa on the sofa. Then rinse and style as normal. I love them because it forces you to chill out for an hour - it’s a perfect ritual to take you through the series of Strictly and Dancing on Ice!” Katie adds.
For more information on taming your winter hair, visit: www.justicehair.co.uk
For more information, or to speak with Katie directly, please contact Liam on 07385 641 523 or email@example.com